CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

How Sweet It Is

Last night, my friend and I went to a play. We had a couple friends who were in the cast and decided to give some support. First of all, I’m not a fan of Community Theater. I judge pretty harshly considering I used to be very involved in theater and have a very critical (sensitive) musical ear. I know that’s horrible of me, but that’s what happens when you have musical parents and a mom that was a drama major. Luckily, my friend and I are the same in this department. We share opinions on musicals and actors and they are usually identical. Last night was no exception. For the most part, they did a pretty good job. There was a fair share of sour notes and over acting, but it was enjoyable.

I don’t know why I’m writing like a critic. I hadn’t planned on writing about the play in and of itself. I wanted to share a personal triumph I experienced. I first learned about the play from a friend (aka: The Jerk who broke my heart a couple years ago. Yes, I suppose we’re still friends…if you can call it that.). I told him I would come and being a woman true to my word, I decided to reserve seats (which some people stole. Stupid seat stealer's and a dash of excellent alliteration! A dash? Oh brother!). I have to share something of my character that I’m sure I’ve disclosed before. When I like a guy, I really like him and I have a difficult time getting over him. It was nigh unto impossible to extinguish my feelings for this particular male. I did, however, accomplish that task as I mentioned in previous blogs. But knowing that I would be seeing him again, I was worried that those feelings would come rushing back as they tend to do in true Annie fashion. I decided to dress attractively. You know how it goes. “Look what you could have had, loser! You missed out on ME!”

When I saw him onstage…boy, he’s changed. I didn’t find him attractive at all. No, the transform wasn’t due to play attire, though the long (fake) ponytail was unappealing. Why do some guys think long hair is attractive? It’s not…to me, anyway. Give me a guy with a short haircut, or give me death! Okay maybe not death, but give me some scissors and I’ll make his hair short. Mwah ha ha! Sorry, I deviated again, back to the story. I couldn’t put my finger on why he appeared so altered but as I looked at him, I thought, ‘I found him attractive?’ After the play ended, we felt obligated to say hello to those involved. We congratulated him on his performance and had some awkward chit chat. It was weird because I didn’t want to see him. I wanted to leave and never have contact with him again. I finally realized that he’s not worth my time. I turned to my friend and said, “I’m ready to go when you are.” She said, “I was waiting for you.” And so we left, both commenting on how awkward it was and laughing that we were waiting for each other to extricate ourselves from an uncomfortable situation.

And this, my friends, is my personal triumph. I am completely, unequivocally over that guy. There was no attraction, no butterflies in his presence like in the past. I was correct in telling you in my blogs that I was over him. I have finally rid myself entirely of his irritating presence in my heart and mind. How sweet it is to be rid of him!

4 comments:

Lanae said...

Good for you. You will find someone that will treat you like a queen. I'm happy that you have moved on. I love you!

Janel said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you! That is always a good feeling. :)

Alisha said...

Congratulations on your triumphal moment! Keep it up...your time will come... (I know, I hated hearing that too.) ;)

Lisa said...

Can I just copy and paste this post on my blog? Only I would have to change it a bit... I didn't stay after to chit chat :)