CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Closure

It happened. I have been dreading it for a while, but it happened nonetheless. Last night marked my very last performance with the Institute. It was pretty hard, to be honest. I had a lot of time to reflect, since I ended up sitting by myself next to a fake tree. I was pondering the fact that after choir (which is basically over) I won't ever see many of those friends again. There's always the occasional run in, but for the most part...this isn't just goodbye to the Institute, this is goodbye to some dear friends. I’m grateful for the chances I had to get to know them and also for all the opportunities I’ve been given because of my time at the Institute. I’ve been able to dance, sing, and play in more places and for more people than I ever imagined. Some of those people have been very important…well, they all are in their own way, but some have been General Authorities of the church. It’s been an incredible six years.

Friends, this is my fourteenth blog in fourteen days. I believe I have accomplished writing every day during the entire blogathon. Bully for Annie! This is it for a while which is probably good, considering my topic “well” has dried up. Thanks Janel for giving me the opportunity to join you on your quest! Now we’re both going to start new adventures! Speaking of which, I think I need to buy us some ice cream!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so cute, and I'm so thankful I've been able to get to know you..I miss you!

Katie said...

I understand what you mean. I spent a great long time with some excellent people up there too (we even had some of them in common!), and when I came back to see their spring show . . . it was kind of weird.

All these people who were so excited to see me, but I knew that I just didn't fit into that world anymore. And that I wouldn't.

And most relieving of all: that I didn't really want to, because that would mean I wasn't progressing like I should . . .

Alisha said...

I understand exactly what you're going through as I went through it as well. My last performance in Choralaires was especially hard for me because Bro. Castleton retired, so I felt I was "retiring" as well. Anyway, it's tough, but new opportunities will arise and you'll welcome them with open arms; you always do! I love you to bits, Annie-Pannie!!

Lisa said...

It really hasn't hit me yet... I think once school starts again and I won't be going to the Institute every day, then I'll realize how awkward it is. I miss everyone, though, including you! I love you!

Janel said...

Please don't buy me any ice cream. We have at least six gallons of it still. :) I'll give you some.

It is strange to think that we won't be doing that anymore. But, I think that the time is right. It's time to move on to other things.

Major Bubbles said...

I'm sure some friends will still be around. Good luck on this next, wonderful step.

Serket said...

It usually is sad when an event in your life comes to an end, but it can be an opportunity for new adventures!