CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Cranial Radio

My brain is like a radio station. There are constantly songs transmitting through my head. I find this funny because they are some of the most random musical pieces. There are a few regulars that play during awkward moments or just pop out sporadically, but for the most part, they are completely desultory. For example, “Auld Lang Syne” and “Hail to the Chief” are two songs that are frequently broadcast.

Last week, I recognized just how strange my cranial radio station is from an occurrence at work. In a 5 minute span, I had the following songs play through my head: The theme song from “2001: A Space Odyssey”, “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies”, and a popular (very catchy, yet awful) song called, “I kissed a Girl”. That same day, “Ghostbusters”, “Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claus”, “Peter and the Wolf”, and “The Imperial March” followed soon after. I told my friend, Janel, that my brain was a juke-box. I was wrong. Nobody has ever paid me to “play” the songs. Since they burst forth in the form of singing, humming, or whistling, my coworkers would be more apt to pay me to stop the music. My fellow employees (save a few) are not musically inclined and they don’t appreciate the free entertainment I frequently provide.


However, if you are ever looking for entertainment, come spend some time with me. I’m sure I’ll be in the middle of transmitting theme songs from Nintendo, tunes from Sesame Street, melodies from various musicals, or something equally random. You may end up having weird songs stuck in your head, but I promise I won’t make you pay…too much.

4 comments:

Janel said...

All I have to say is this:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day.

:)

Katie said...

Mwa ha ha :) I love it! I've been known to switch from humming the 1812 Overture to singing theme songs from the Disney Afternoon under my breath.

I'm glad this malady is a little more common than I thought.

Brea Marie said...

At least your radio station switches songs! Mine plays the same song all day long. Sometimes I have to turn on a real radio just to switch songs. By the way, I hate that I kissed a girl song. It was in my head the rest of the day when I first heard it and I am seriously sick of it. Thanks for the laughs!

Serket said...

and a popular (very catchy, yet awful) song called, “I kissed a Girl”.

Good desciption. :)

theme songs from Nintendo

I enjoy the original NES!