CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dreams

Note: The following blog is not a real life situation. As much as I would like it to be, it is not based on a true story. This is merely a story, one that is similar to most single girls daydreams. I used song titles (highlighted) to create this “fairy tale” so enjoy what I did to waste the afternoon. I certainly had fun!

Once Upon a Time’ on a ‘Monday, Monday’, ‘Maria’ was sitting in class. She was thinking about ‘Johnny Angel’. They had dated ‘Time after Time’ but lately she felt ‘Confused’. He had been surrounded by ‘Seven Little Girls’ and didn’t seem to mind the attention. On their last date, he’d held her hand and said, ‘You are My Sunshine’. She wanted to continue down this new, exciting path, but she didn’t feel that he wanted things to go in the ‘Same Direction’. She thought, “It’s ‘Easier to Run’ and ‘Escape’ this confusion, but I need to ‘Face the Music’. It’s ‘Now or Never’.” So, she pulled Johnny aside after class and said, tears streaming down her face, “I am ‘Going Out of My Head’. ‘You’re Driving me Crazy’. You continually ‘Pass Me By’ in class. I feel ‘Faint’ and ‘Numb’. ‘If’ you would even look at me, you’d see that I live ‘In a Glass House’. My emotions are on my sleeves, because ‘I’ve Got a Crush on You. ‘Someday’, I hope you’ll feel the same way. But ‘Till Then’ I want you to know ‘I will Wait for You’.” He quickly responded, “‘Hey Look, No Crying’. ‘Dry Your Eyes’, Maria. I have been as ‘Thick as a Brick’. You could call me the ‘21st Century Schizoid Man’. ‘If I Only Had a Brain’ I would be able to see your ‘Feelings’ through your ‘Blue Eyes’. But I think ‘You’d Be Surprised’. You’re ‘The Only One’ for me.” With a sigh of relief, Maria exclaimed, “Then ‘Make Me a Believer’. ‘Be Good Johnny’ and you should ‘Call Me’ sometime soon.”

That Friday, Johnny called her and asked, “‘Are you Lonesome Tonight?’ I think that we should do something fun. ‘Let’s Go Fly a kite’.” She laughed, “But ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’.” “Alright, then ‘Come Waltz with Me’. Or we could do the ‘Mambo Italiano’.” She agreed with haste. Later that night, while she was getting ready, she thought, “‘As Time Goes By’, I do believe that ‘Now is the Hour’. He should be here any minute. This will be ‘Some Enchanted Evening’.” The doorbell rang and she flew to answer the door. Johnny stood stunned, his mouth hanging slightly open, “Wow, You are ‘The Most Beautiful Girl in the World’.” He took her hand and helped her into his ‘Little Red Corvette’.

As they arrived at the dance, they were shocked to hear one girl say, “No! ‘I Won’t Dance’. But I think ‘I Feel a Song Coming On’.” Maria whispered to Johnny, “Well, ‘Here’s to the Losers’. How about we ‘Run Away’ from them.” Laughing, he replied. “‘I get a Kick Out of You’.” They made their way to the dance floor and Johnny turned with a deep bow, “My lady, ‘May I Have this Dance’?” “Of course!” “I must warn you, however, ‘I like to Lead When I Dance’.” “That’s fine, ‘I Wouldn’t Have You Any Other Way’.” They began floating around the dance floor when a young man stopped them and said to Johnny, “‘So She Dances’?” Taken back, Johnny replied, “Yes, ‘My Lady Loves to Dance’.” The young man turned to Maria and said, “Would you like to leave this guy and come ‘Dance with Me’? You know, it ‘Takes Two to Tango’.” Johnny stepped in, “Hey, that’s ‘My Girl’! Go find someone else.” The young man skulked away. “Thanks Johnny. Why do guys do that? I hate feeling like ‘Another Piece of Meat’.” “Well, I’m not surprised. With ‘The Way You Look Tonight’, guys are bound to come check out ‘You and Your Beautiful Eyes’.” The night eventually came to a close and they announced ‘The Last Dance’. Johnny whispered, “Why don’t you ‘Put Your Head on my Shoulder’.” Maria willingly complied and they began to ‘Sway’. The song ended too quickly, but Maria was thrilled as they exited ‘Hand in Hand’.

As they got ‘Closer to Home’, Johnny suddenly exclaimed, “I have an idea. ‘Let’s Fall in Love’!” Maria’s eyes widened, “You need to ‘Be Careful, It’s My Heart’ you’re talking about. ‘Don’t Break My Heart’.” “Just ‘Think About It’.” Meanwhile, the neighbor was watching from the window. She turned to her husband and said, “Honey, they’re back and ‘It Looks Like Love’. I’d say ‘That’s Amore’, wouldn’t you?” He rolled his eyes, “Quit ‘Window Dreaming’ and ‘Let Them Talk’ in privacy.” Johnny and Maria walked to the porch and Johnny said, “Come here, you ‘Embraceable You’. I want to be ‘Closer to You’.” Maria giggled, “Ok, ‘Hold Me, Hug Me, Rock Me’ and ‘Never Let Go’.” He gave her ‘The Look’ and whispered, “‘Besame Mucho’.” Maria was stunned. She’d never been kissed before and she thought, “‘Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy!’” Instead of saying that, however, she replied, “‘Excuse Me’? I do believe that’s the ‘Man’s Job’. You need to make that move.” “Come on, Maria. ‘Let the Rest of the World Go By’ and ‘Let Me Kiss You’.” With a smile, she closed her eyes and leaned in. His face filled with fear as he quickly planted a kiss on her; only it missed her lips and hit her nose. Her eyes flew open as he said, embarrassed, “I’m sorry. I need to ‘Apologize’ because I don’t have a lot of ‘Experience’ in this area. Can I have ‘Just One More Chance’?” Maria grinned and winked, “Alright, ‘Try Again’ but don’t make ‘The Same Mistake’.” Laughter released the tension that they both were feeling. ‘The Second Time Around’, Maria felt like it was ‘Better Than a Dream’. Her pulse was racing and her heart cried ‘Ring-A Ding Ding’. Johnny pulled away and said, “Maria, ‘I Think I Love You’.” She melted and asked, “Do you mean that? Or are you just ‘Hooked on a Feeling’?” “What I feel will last…‘Only Forever’. But now, ‘I Really Must be Going’.” He touched her face and she sighed, “Johnny, ‘I Love the Way You Say Goodnight’.” “Then I’ll say it again, ‘Goodnight, My Love’.”

Maria was ‘Overjoyed’. She felt like she was ‘On the Top of the World’. In fact, she was either ‘Walking on Sunshine’ or she’d swigged a whole bottle of ‘Love Potion Number Nine’. She prayed that this relationship would last not ‘Just for Tonight’, but for ‘Forever and a Day’.

Ok ladies, you can take a ‘Breath’ now. And guys, you can stop laughing, but I understand because ‘I Love to Laugh’. I guess this is the kind of blog you get when I’m ‘Deep in a Dream’. But I choose to believe that ‘We’re Lovers of Loving Love’. Most people like a good ‘Love Story’! Granted, there are people who believe that ‘Love Stinks’. But there are people like me who constantly ‘Daydream’. We are those individuals who go ‘All Through the Night’ and ‘Dream the Dream’ that ‘Love is on the Way’. Truly, ‘This is My Life’ and the life of those ‘Poor Unfortunate Souls’ like me. But I say to you now, go ahead and indulge yourself in a ‘Fantastic Dream’. Let it carry your heart ‘Up, Up and Away’ so that you reach the ‘Rainbow Connection’. And so, ‘Goodnight, My Someone’ I will be ‘Dreaming of You’ tonight. Which reminds me, ‘I Had the Craziest Dream’…

10 comments:

Janel said...

You, my friend, are amazing. That was so fun to read! I like your dream. :)

Alisha said...

WOW!! That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read! I think you should submit it to some magazine (a Chick-Flick one would be perfect). All I can say is, "You Light Up My Life!"

Lanae said...

Awesome! 124 songs. Thanks for the good laugh! I have been singing all night and all day long. You have such a creative mind! I love you!

Major Bubbles said...

I am stunned at your creative ability. I give you two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Annie!
That was no FRAIL representation of CONVENIENCE. I knew when you reached SIXTEEN CANDLES, that you were ALMOST THERE!
Great job, and these are not just my FAMOUS LAST WORDS!
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I'd give you three enthusiastic thumbs up if I had three thumbs!!!

-Jason

Kristen said...

Hey, I'm adding you to our blogroll. We're springandwinter.blogspot.com. Come read us!

PS-- you're funny!

Jewelsp said...

This blog had me laughing, giggling, and singing all at the same time. My co-worker thought I was nuts, but I couldn't help it! It was a blast to read and I hope you'll do a sequel sometime! I think all single women everywhere have had dreams along these lines!
Love ya!

Ryan said...

Did I ever tell you that when I was younger, Sam Potter and I used to giggle in church because we would substitute words in songs that rhyme with "pee" and "poo"? "I love poo, you love pee. We're best friends like friends should pee."

On to my real comment. Concerning this blog, I must say (read in Comic Book Guy's voice): "Best blog entry ever."

Serket said...

Very clever! That is neat that you know so many song titles and especially the foreign ones!