CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Slacker

I feel like the ultimate slacker today. I'm tired, angry, frustrated, and to top it off, I don't feel well. Therefore, I don't want to write today. But since I agreed to this blogathon, I'm going to post something. It just might not be what you want to read. I'm going to post a poem that I wrote in high school. At my Alma Mater, there is a statue of a knight by the front entrance. In my AP English class, we were assigned to write a poem describing what came to our minds when we looked at the heroic figure. Enjoy...or don't, I don't really care right now.

Knight Poem

A fragrance of Victory!
The sword, still hot from battle.
sears a brand upon his palm.
Sweat drips down a dirt-covered face.
His knees give away,
collapsing on the ground.
Not because of weakness,
because of strength!
A gaze landing at heavenly gates.
Humility fills his brow.
Silent words pierce the sky.
A thankful prayer.
Strong arms lift the sword in triumph.
A sacrifice for God and Country.
Just as a newborn lamb, he trembles,
but slowly manages to rise.
Panic strikes!
Heart beating like a drum,
He scans the still valley,
Fearing that this is only a dream.
Quick glances confirm the truth!
This victory was his!
A sigh escapes his hushed lips.
With a rush of energy, he leaps on his horse.
Gallantly, he rides away,leaving only memories behind!

3 comments:

Major Bubbles said...

It's an interesting poem. Kind of contradictory in its affirmations, but maybe that's what you were aiming for.

Serket said...

I like the poem. Did your pass the AP exam? I didn't! :( I live close to Layton High.

Annie said...

Yes, I passed my AP test! I was very relieved (needless to say). I used to live by Smith's (East of Layton High). It's a good place to live!