CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Night of Fun

Is it wrong to write about the same topic as a friend? If it is so, I am writing illegally. My friend, Janel, wrote briefly about the topic of a Girls' Night out and I will attempt the same. Isn't it such a blessing to have friends with whom you can share thoughts? I almost feel bad, dumping my pain, anger, frustration, excitement, and confusion with these wonderful ladies. Yet, they accept me, even with my insecurities. And chocolate, oh the sweet kiss of a secret lover. My friend said that chocolate has all the qualities of a good boyfriend. However, I would NOT want to kiss chocolate. The evidence would be all over your face. I find it comforting that so many other girls feel the same way. To have a shoulder (or two) to lean on...it's nice. Yesterday offered me much solace. Ladies, I thank you!

There is another topic I wish to touch on. Towels. (My brain must be having one of its frequent spasms.) After our chocolate escapade, we returned to my friend’s house to indulge in a chick flick. I asked to use her bathroom and upon entry was stopped in my tracks. There, hanging on the rack was about 12 different towels. They were layered, biggest to smallest. Each had Valentine insignia. I realize that this is a common decorating technique. I find it a waste of fine linen. It was refreshing as I gazed at the towels in my own bathroom. Each could be used, not just admired. My favorite being the Little Mermaid towel hanging for the entire world to see (If the entire world happened to visit our bathroom. That's not awkward at all.). In decorative bathrooms (not that they're bad. They are, in fact, very pleasing to the eye), I find myself asking the question, "Where do I wipe my hands? I don't want to ruin their nice towels with...water." Oh, the humanity of it all. Why does the bathroom have to be another exhibit of status? We are a normal American family. If we wanted to create mountains of decorative bathroom towels, I admit, they would have a theme. Cartoon characters. I can see it now. At the bottom would be The Little Mermaid followed by Mickey Mouse. The finishing touch would be none other than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now wouldn't THAT be a sight to see? There would be none of this mushy Valentine nonsense. Valentine's is a holiday for the greeting card companies, but that is a subject for another time...possibly Valentine's Day.

I enjoyed the evening, needless to say, even though every turn in my friends house had some reference to love, Valentine's Day, etc. I think we all need those nights to clear our shoulders of ever-mounting bricks. Women of the world UNITE! Actually, I think that would be really scary. Never mind. I just had a vision of a mob of women throwing high-heeled shoes and screeching like banshees in the night. Frightening, but no more frightening than a lack of chocolate and fifteen towels that can't be used.

3 comments:

Serket said...

I found your blog by a search of Layton. I am a 24-year-old man and I also live in Layton. My blog is mostly about movies. I read all nine of your posts. I enjoy your humor and think you are a really good writer. I also admire how you mention your faith.

Janel said...

Don't feel bad about dumping on us. Isn't that what girlfriends are for?

I like your vision of a mob of women. :)

Major Bubbles said...

Ack. I'm sure that I like your suggestion of women uniting. Does that make me sexist?