CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

(Un)Inadequacy

I find it amazing at how prayers are answered. After writing such a downer of a blog, I wanted to give you, my blog-reading friends, an update. First of all, thank you to those who left such kind comments. How could I feel anything but grateful to have such wonderful friends and family? I will freely admit that I am very blessed! It’s because of these never-ending blessings that brought me to a realization today. This is what I want to share. You’ve heard my fears; now share with me my joy.

This morning I was reading in The Book of Mormon (Another testament of Jesus Christ). I was looking up verses that were about happiness. I found the following in Alma chapter 7 verses 23-24 (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/alma/7):
23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

And also, I read in Mosiah chapter 2, verse 41 (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/mosiah/2):
41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.

I realized that this is the layout of what I need to be doing. I need to gain these qualities; some of them I have, others I lack (a big one being patience). And so, there are many things I can be working towards. As I thought of that, it felt like a daunting task. This is a hard time of life and I want to be as prepared as possible for the future. As I said in the last blog, I have constantly prayed for help and guidance for what I should be doing. Today, I received comfort and it was incredible. I was at a stoplight when I realized…I’m doing just fine. I’m going down the path that I need to be on. I am doing much better than I give myself credit and if I continue down the path I’m on, I will make it! I was filled with the sweetest happiness. I also realized that I am going to be able to handle whatever happens in the relationship department. I may not feel like I’m ready, but it will happen in the Lord’s time and He will prepare me. Even if the guy I like doesn’t return my affection, it’s okay, because someday…someone will. I LOVE this happy feeling and the best thing is that it isn’t there because of some outside event. It’s there because I have been given the confirmation that I am indeed doing what I should be doing at this point in my life. I have been given peace.

2 comments:

Lanae said...

Good Annie. Read this blog often esp. when you are feeling down. Thanks for sharing.

Alisha said...

I'm impressed with your faith. You are a Daughter of God and He loves you. Always remember that, and remember that if you feel that you can't stand anymore, go to your knees.