CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Beware the Ides of March"

For Spring Break, three of my friends and I went to Disneyland. It was a blast! The highlight of the entire trip was when we went to LA and saw the Broadway show “Wicked”. It was incredible! I can’t adequately describe how awe-inspiring it was. But instead of boring you with the details of my liberating vacation, I decided to share an interesting request I received. Upon my arrival home, I saw a letter lying on my area of the counter. It was from my good friend who is currently serving an LDS mission in Korea. He said (and I quote): “Do me a favor and write me a pretend ‘Dear John’ letter. Make it juicy. I need a good laugh!” I've never had anyone ask for this kind of letter before and obviously have never had the need to write one (my faithful readers will know that I've never had a boyfriend, therefore, no need for the “Adios” memo). So, this is what I wish to share with you, my feeble attempt at a juicy “Dear John” letter.

Dear John, March 15, 2008 (The Ides of March…ironic)

I don’t know how to tell you this, but our relationship is over. I have been fighting with myself because I never wanted to hurt you. I didn't want to send this letter, but deep down I knew that I couldn't let you find out by a different source. As you are preaching the Lord’s word, I have tried to follow His plan for us. However, my path crossed with someone else’s. Even though I have only known him for a short while, I know he is the one and that he feels the same. I've never felt so happy in my entire life, even when I was with you.

I met him in the same room I met you: The choir room. I was sitting at the piano when he entered through the south doors. The world stood still and the proverbial clouds parted. His eyes locked with mine and I knew that the same reverential feeling fell over him as well. It was love at first sight…literally. We didn't actually meet until Choralaire Sunday where he introduced himself and shook my hand. I didn't want him to let go, but he didn't want to be too forward since we had just met. He asked if he could call me and, of course, I agreed. The Lord was guiding our paths straight to each other. Even though we've only dated for a little more than two weeks, I know he’s the one. So, when he proposed 2 days ago, I knew it was right.
We are getting married the day you return from Korea. I hope you will be able to make the reception. I would really love to see you. Enough about me; be sure to keep up the good work. Let the Lord guide you to the people who need to hear the gospel. He is our light in the darkness and will not only guide you to investigators, but also the girl that is meant for you!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Edna Globberman

PS – We are registered at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Home Depot. We also appreciate any monetary gifts. XOXOXO!


PSS – This was really fun to write! I should “Dear John” people more often!

5 comments:

Janel said...

Ha ha ha! I love it!

"We also appreciate any monetary gifts. XOXOXO!"

It's my favorite!

Kristen said...

hehehe. You should go pro.

Major Bubbles said...

It was wonderful! I've never felt so good reading something that should be so depressing.

Lanae said...

I'm amazed at how you can take "an assignment" and soar with it. Thanks again for the good laugh.

Serket said...

You have your own part of the counter? My favorite line was: We are getting married the day you return from Korea.