CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Quirks?

The Rules:
Link the Person who Tagged you.
Mention rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Leave a comment to let them know (or be rebellious like me and don’t!).

1. Ever since I was a child, I would make up random songs all the time about…well, anything. As you can see by my past couple of blogs, this quirk is still going strong. The thing I find humorous is that my nephew now does the same thing!

2. I randomly punch people. Okay, I don’t actually punch others, but I do pretend to sock them in the kisser occasionally. It usually happens when I’m in a particularly odd or hyper mood. Just ask my friends and coworkers.

3. Gummy worms have to be hard for me to eat them. One summer, at a Youth Conference, I ate melted gummy bears and later threw up. I ended up having the flu, but now I can’t eat gummy bears in a heated gelatinous state.

4. Staying with the food peculiarities, I hate frosting. It is sickly sweet and disgusting. This also stems back from my childhood. My grandma had bought a cake decorated with a forest of frosting flowers. I was given a piece with a clump of “roses” the size of my head (I was a small child). I tasted one and didn’t like it, so I scooped the other flowers onto the side of my plate. My grandma wouldn’t let me leave the table until I had eaten the entire conglomeration of flowery glucose. It ended with the sweet, creamy spread forcefully exiting my stomach. No more frosting for me…ever! Blech!

5. I’ve been known to do odd things while brushing my teeth. Usually, I start singing random songs to my roomies (frequently from the Simpson’s, Sesame Street, Disney, or whatever has been stuck in my head that day). I talk to Janel about pointless things, but she can’t understand because I have a toothbrush shoved in my mouth (which is extremely funny to me). I also like to clog while I clean my pearly whites, but that inevitably ends with me laughing and drooling toothpaste on the floor. Not a pretty sight, but highly entertaining for my roommates. But the most common occurrence and by far my favorite is when Janel and I start gurgling duets.

6. This isn't a quirk, but Jewelsp wrote about dating and I wanted to as well. In the course of two dates, I went out with 5 guys. That sounds odd, but it’s true. On the first date, one of my friends set me and two of our friends up with three of her date’s friends. The problem was that we didn’t know which friend was our date. There was one that I liked more than the others, so I picked him (in my mind). He stayed near me too, so I decided he was my date. In actuality, there were no set dates except the original two. Whew! If you think that was confusing, you should have been on the date. The second date I wrote about in a blog. I was going on a date with a young man who had one of his friends tag along. Since the friend didn’t have a date, I sort of became a date to both of them. That’s what I call speed dating or accelerated rejection…for them. It didn’t take long to decide I would never subject myself to a second date with either one of them.

I now tag Lanae, Geasher, Janint, Yuni, Brea Marie, and Confuzzled!

2 comments:

Lanae said...

That was fun (not only to read yours, but to think of my own). Thanks for giving me this opportunity... except that not many read my blog....so I doubt they will see their names.

Janint said...

Hi Annie! Do you mind if I write some of my quirks here? I'm not sure if they are quirks, but some of the stuff, my daughters say I'm weird for eating what I put in number 2.

1. I love almonds on almost everythig:salads, oatmeal, ice cream, chocolate, etc.
2. I eat pancakes w/cottage chesse on top & almonds of course
3. I like soy pudding
4. As you can see I love eating
5. I like to see at the hymn numbers posted on sunday and make additions. For example: 236. I start thinking the total is 11, and then 1+1=2. Then I do the same with the rest of the numbers and then I get a final number with all... ok yes I'm crazy!
6. I have to have my house uncluttered. Otherwise I go nuts.