CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

I accept!

I decided to accept Major Bubble’s blogathon challenge and, like my yellow friend, decided to share a poem from the past. Is that copying? It was a great idea and I've always had a soft spot for this particular piece of writing. It holds similar truths today as it did in high school.

Always There

Remember when I held you,
With pigtails still in my hair.
We’d play a round of Hide n’ Seek.
You always hid under the covers.
Every night I hugged you,
Before I went to sleep.
Then I dreamed about you all night.

I left your soft embrace,
When I entered Junior High.
I met some new friends.
But you were always in the back of my mind.
I came home from school,
To meet your pleasant glow.
I spilled every secret to you.
You never hesitated to listen.

Along with happy times come sad.
The sharp tongue of a friend,
Stabbed my heart.
But you were waiting to offer solace to me.
I sobbed on your shoulder,
Wiped my tears on your shirt.
And yet you stayed true.

Through frustrations came anger.
I yelled at you;
You stayed my friend.
I screamed in your face;
You extended a soft reply.
You allowed me to hit you once,
When I was too mad to control the anger.
But you loved me even then,
Just as I loved you.

Through the years we’ve both worn thin.
But our friendship remains strong.
In the storms of life we stayed together,
Instead of pulling apart.
And, dear pillow of mine,
I will love you forever;

Because you were always there.

2 comments:

Major Bubbles said...

A wonderful play along until the very end. I have to admit, I was shocked to think you might have punched one of your parents.

Major Bubbles said...

You should send me your e-mail, then we could chat