CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beginning and End

After seeing this title, I bet you are wondering what I'll write about today. It’s probably not what you think. I am the head of the billing department at my work. I am, indeed, the dreaded person that sends bills. Believe me, I don't enjoy it any more than you. I have been through many calls with screaming customers, having profanity flung like dung in my ear. (The mental image of that was priceless) And so, this time of the month is NOT my favorite.

In keeping with the blogathon, I'm still writing and this blog will be short. Like me! (Cheesy...like me, too) Anyway, this is what my plans are for the evening. It takes me all of 5 or 6 hours to complete the process. So, if you need to talk, I'll be up until about one or two in the morning. In all honesty, it is the most tedious job. It's VERY boring and I would gladly accept the company of those who actually know who I am. I think most of my friends are busy with homework and other such nonsense. Alas, I shall suffer alone. But if you see me tomorrow with bags under my eyes (the size of shopping bags) maybe you'll understand. If you ever need to call someone in charge of the billing department...don't yell at them. They're people too! Unless they're mindless zombies who have lost all emotion, even then...they're dead people. So people they remain.

I must say, I do enjoy the feeling of helping customers decrease the amount they owe. Small things that I can do to make their burden lighter...it feels nice! And so, I'll think about that as I stuff envelopes and stamp "past due" on statements. You know, if people paid their bills, the world would be happier. And so would I!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you have me to help you, right? :D People can be interesting...esp. when it comes to bills. At least you are nice to them and try to help. Hang in there on the harder type days.