CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And so it begins...

Who would have thought that I would join the ranks of the ubiquitous bloggers? I shrunk at the thought. It is one thing to read blogs, but it is entirely different to bare your soul to the world. And yet, here I am, baring my deepest self. The one known only to me, myself...and probably my mom.
Does everyone have this much trouble embarking on their first official blog? I'm sitting here contemplating the entirety of what I'm creating. Every word is under my command. Every thought is from the far reaches of The Outer Limits...I mean, my brain (which, for all we know, could BE the outer limits of human cognition). Will anyone read this? Will this word feast prove only the satiate my hunger for writing, or will it provide entertainment, even enlightenment, for those who eat...or read, as the case may be. But I say to you now, if you are eating your computer, STOP! The drive will be very hard on your digestive system. Get it? Drive? Hard? Hard-drive? I know. It was a feeble attempt at best.
However, this introduces you to the real me. Humor, laughter, genuine happiness is what pulls me through the best and worst times. I love to be cheerful, to share my joy with others. Even when I don't feel like smiling, I do it for the betterment of mankind. Well, when I smile at men, they usually run away. AHA! I think I found a story for another blog.
I must confess, I enjoy writing about the interminable procession of thought that threatens to breach my sanity. And I like using big words! Also, if you know me well, you know that I deeply appreciate the ability to spell correctly! Therefore, if I fail, I ask you to throw me in a pit somewhere with a dictionary. Then, come back in a week or so with a Slurpee. Doubtlessly, I'll be needing wet, cold, refreshing goodness! I will have thoroughly repented of the atrocity. Then, and only then, may you allow me to continue with this sacred blog. Can you rightly call a blog sacred? I guess my writing is, in truth...sacrilicious. As is the afore mentioned Slurpee.

4 comments:

Jewelsp said...

I love you Annie!!!

Major Bubbles said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Careful that the breaches to your sanity do not become oppresive. You might find yourself dedicating every moment of your life to a future blog title. Ah, the sweet bliss of craziness.

Janel said...

Andrea you are the best!

Ryan said...

Andrea:

Thank goodness I read your blog! I was halfway through my hard-drive when--BOOM!!--I read your sound advice! Just a quick question: how did Major Bubbles get his name? Hopefully it wasn't from his days of taking baths and making . . . bubbles.

Ok, I'll get my mind out of the dictionary pit and read your next entry. As for this one, all I have to say is "HAZAH!"

I love you!

Rye