CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Seriously?!

I can't believe I haven't written since July. What a slacker! Just to defend myself, writing has been a burden. I have been extremely busy with work and my computer went to the metaphoric graveyard. I have since (this last Thursday to be exact) bought a new laptop! I am now a member of the MacBook club! I am so excited and can't believe what a novelty it is to have a laptop that works...and works well. The monitor on my old laptop wouldn't stay up. I had to prop pillows behind it or stuff material in the cracks. It was horrendously annoying. One of the first things I said to my roommates, "The monitor stands up by itself. I'm not used to this. It's AWESOME!"

And so you see, I should have more opportunity to fill you in on the doldrums of my life. There have been many ups and downs in the past six months. I wish I could fill you in on everything and maybe I will in time. But as for this post, I won't get into much. Just know that I'm alive and happy.

My job has gone through many changes over the past several months. I moved from having hardly any hours to being full time. Definitely an adjustment, but at least my wallet isn't complaining (until I bought the laptop. But hey, it's an investment!). We are moving the Pharmacy into a grocery store. It will be an adventure indeed. I'm already seeing all sorts of issues that will arise, but I know this is the best move for us. I'm excited and a tad apprehensive, but overall relieved.

So friends, if there are any still out in the vastness of the internet world, I will make it a goal to write more often now that I have the means to do so. Even though I haven't left comments, I have tried to keep updated on your lives through your blogs. You inspire me to keep moving forward and experience the life that's intended for me; to see what's ahead. Thank you and goodnight...I mean, good afternoon.

4 comments:

Janel said...

Hooray for non-falling down computer!!!

Amy Lyne said...

Wow, the way you describe your old computer sounds just like the one I am using right now! Poor laptops... I can't believe the pharmacy is moving to a grocery store! I have been thinking about everyone there lately, I miss the days of work. Hope you are doing well!

Annica said...

Wow! It really has been forever. Good job on getting a nice (functional) computer! Happy pharmacy technicioning in a grocery store. I did my externship in a grocery store (right next to the beer isle). It was always freezing!!!

Serket said...

Congratulations on moving to full time. I've never owned a laptop, just a regular desktop computer. And the only operating systems I've used are Windows.