CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Friendship Means. . .

It has been an interesting couple of months. Change has been a frequent visitor. Some of those transitions were welcome and some unwanted. There are so many thoughts and mixed emotions crowding my brain right now. I guess that's the danger of becoming a "blog-slacker". Oops.

One recurring thought has been about friendship. I've noticed that everyone has different definitions of what it means to be a friend. Obviously, I know where I stand on this subject, but I'm interested to see what you, the readers, think. I'd appreciate it if you would share your opinion. I'd also love it if you could share an example (without specifying names) about when or how you knew someone was a true friend to you.

Thank you in advance for your participation. These are my favorite kinds of blogs to write. I hope you will enjoy it also. I'm looking forward to reading your comments!

5 comments:

Lanae said...

I guess I will be first to answer. A friend is someone who will love you even when you are not perfect. They will make you feel important (and take time to check on you) no matter how busy they are. They have a listening ear and find the time to be there during the good and bad times.

I watched a dear friend's husband die. He wasn't much older than me. She was so devastated. One time I was complaining about an adversity that had come into my life. I was very upset with my husband. She listened and then(out of the blue) said, "How much would you pay for your husband? How much money would you spend to buy him? How much is he worth to you?" It took me by surprised and she repeated the questions. Then she went on and said, "There is NO amount of money that can take the place of someone you love." I looked at her and realized that she had lost her "best friend." Her loss was far greater than my trial. She taught me a great lesson that day. If that person is really your friend, then be thankful and feel blessed. Cherish that person because you never know when they will be taken away.

Tawni said...

I think that with a true friend you can truly be yourself and they understand you and have fun with you. You can do anything, say anything and they'll still love you and have a good time with you. It's amazing how much a best friend can mean to you and it's hard when they're not there because you almost don't feel quite right. I hope this isn't too gushy, but I realized that I didn't ever really know what a real BEST friend was until I met Derek....yeah maybe that is a little cheesy. Anyways, I think friends are also the people who know what you would do in certain situations, or if you're in a certain mood, etc. because they know you. Does that make sense?

Annie said...

Thanks Mom and Tawni! Both of your comments were wonderful! Also, I agree with both of you in regards to friends.

Tawni, that makes perfect sense to me. Oh and that wasn't too gushy. It's the truth! It makes me happy that you met Derek and found in him that best friend.

Janel said...

A true friend is one who is there in the bad times as well as the good. Someone who is a true friend is there when it might not really be convenient for them. They're there for you when both of you are hurting.

True friendship reminds me of a testimony: it's something you are continually working on and striving to keep.

Janint said...

A true friendship in my humble opinion is the one who can accept you as you are. Who can share the good times and the bad times in life. Someone who can listen to you. I wish I could be that friend sometimes. It's a blessing when you can find someone like that. My frien JoAnn helped me during the hard time of having a stillborn baby. She had the same experience many years ago and she was there to raise me up.