CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

The End of a Very Long Day

Let me start by saying thank you, especially to all of you who have prayed in regards to my job and that of my friend, Janel. This past two weeks has been torture. Today, we had individual meetings with our boss and both took rides on the emotional roller coaster.

They have cut our hours several times over the past couple of months. They felt that it wasn’t fair to cut hours anymore. It was time they let some people go. Janel was one of those employees. I was heartbroken. Not only is she my roommate, she’s my best friend. The next couple of hours were tearful ones as we tried to make it through the day. She did an amazing job putting on a brave face. After lunches, our boss took Janel aside and said that he had been thinking about his decision. If they cut some of her hours, they could keep her employed. So the happy news is that she wasn’t fired! She still has a job! Prayers really are answered.

As for me, I still have a job as well. However, my job description has changed drastically. I now have ten times the amount of responsibility on my shoulders. This is causing me extreme anxiety. I know that I can do it, but it is SO MUCH! I truly don’t see how one person can accomplish what is expected of me. But as I stated earlier, prayers really are answered. I just need to remember that the Lord will help me. I need to believe in myself. I need to trust that I will be given the strength to carry out what needs to be done, that I will obtain the knowledge and patience to help others, and that I will be able to accomplish these things while maintaining my sanity…if at all possible. I mean, most of my sanity went out the window a long time ago. But I’d like to keep whatever I have.

Believe me, after these past few weeks, there’s not much left.

5 comments:

Lanae said...

I'm so grateful that both you and Janel have jobs. I'm sorry that it was such a roller-coaster day. I will keep you both in my prayers. I love you!

Heather~Marie said...

Isn't it amazing that prayers really are answered?! :) I'm glad that things are going better now. I hope that they continue to get better. Have a wonderful day! Love ya!

Alisha said...

You're awesome. I love you!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Poor Janel. That must have been a lot of uncertainty and panic for you girls! Bummer! So not fun! Gees, I'm glad it all worked out. Sorry it's been so rough though! I think about you girls often. Even though I didn't get much time to be around you, you have definitely made an impression on me. How can someone as cute as you NOT make an impression? Honestly. We must ask ourselves.

Oh, and thanks for all the nice comments on my blog! I love getting feedback from you! You are always so positive, and the happiness you radiate is so contagious that I have always caught it when associating with you, even through the world of blogging. Oh, and one question: Do I really change my hair that much? Haha, I maybe I have an addiction!

Well, I just left some ridiculously long comments on Lisa's blog, so I'm gonna hold myself back right here. I'm done. I'm a recovering blab-a-holic you know.... (Man, I have a lot of problems I'm just figuring out...)

Serket said...

It's been 4 months since this post. It is frustrating when the economy slows down and our jobs change. I have been fortunate in that my job and hours have remained mostly stable. I hope you have been able to manage the extra workload. I felt overwhelmed at my previous job. I'm glad your friend was not fired. I hope both of you still have a job today!