CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thanks Major!

I was pondering writing topics today and was stumped. I told my friend Major about this conflict and he said I could read his blog and add some phrases of my own. Here’s a link so you can read his blog too: Words. He eloquently states that words are “one of the most powerful forces that we experience in this world”. I would try to share the feelings words evoke in me, but I could not say it better than he did. So please, read his blog first and then read mine.

Did you read it yet? Good! Now you may continue.

I have always been addicted to the written word. I am always reading something in some form or another. I’ve read the back of my shampoo bottle more times than I can say. That may sound funny, but it’s the truth. Anyway, here are some other quotes for you to enjoy.

“Be yourself. Who else is better qualified?”

“Never frown because you never know who might be falling in love with your smile.”


“L.o.v.e. is such a BIG word for only four little letters.”

“Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?”

“No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.”

“Pleasure comes from the outside, happiness from the inside.”

“Jesus paid a debt He did not owe, because we owed a debt we could not pay.”

“For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.”

‘What do you do when the only one that can make you stop crying, is the person who made you cry?’

“Bloom where you are planted.”

“If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.”

“A man needs a good mirror to scrutinize his heart as well as his face.”

“Nothing moves faster than gossip.”

“Love is when someone takes your heart and shatters it, but you still love them with all the little pieces”

“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“Only the educated are free.”

“The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed.”

“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.”

“Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become.”

“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."

“To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.”

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."

“Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.”

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”

“Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse thoroughly. Repeat as desired.”

See, I told you I read shampoo bottles.

1 comments:

Lanae said...

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
This is my favorite. It made me laugh.